On its 50th anniversary, the College of Engineering at UC Davis honored the people who have made significant contributions to its history.Read More »
- July 2018: B. Mukherjee graduates PhD #75: Dr. Rafael Braz Reboucas Lourenco; Dissertation Title: “Providing Communication with Scarce Network Resources” (July 2018); Current Employer: Google. Other recent PhD graduates of Dr. Mukherjee: 74: Dr. Wei Wang (VMware China); 73: Dr. Abhishek Gupta (Amobee); 72: Dr. (Ms) Sifat Ferdousi (UC Davis postdoc); 71: Dr. (Ms) S. Sedef Savas (Big Switch); 71: Dr. (Ms) Divya Chitimalla (Akamai).
- May 2018: Professor Biswanath Mukherjee's lab wins the 2018 Charles Kao Award for their paper “5G Fronthaul–Latency and Jitter Studies of CPRI Over Ethernet”, IEEE Journal of Optical Communications & Networking, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 172-182, February 2017.
- Dec. 2017: Professor Biswanath Mukherjee's lab wins the 2018 TAOS Best Paper Award for their paper “TDM EPON Fronthaul Upstream Capacity Improvement Via Traffic Classification and Sifting”, IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2017.
January 3-7, 2016: At 104th Indian Science Congress, inaugurated by the Hon'ble Prime Minister of India at Tirupati, India, B. Mukherjee convened two plenary sessions - one on "Cloud Computing & Virtualization" & another on "5G & IoT" - and gave plenary talks in both along with experts from industry, academe, and government.
- May 2016: Received UC Davis International Community Building Award.
- December 2015: Received IEEE Communications Society's inaugural Outstanding Technical Achievement Award "for pioneering work on shaping the optical networking area".
- March 2011: Served as General Co-Chair of OFC/NFOEC 2011.
- December 2010: Served as Steering Committee Chair of IEEE ANTS 2010, held in Mumbai, India.
- November 2009: Received Outstanding Senior Faculty Award from UC Davis College of Engineering.