- September 2020: Springer Handbook of Optical Networks, edited by Biswanath Mukherjee, Ioannis Tomkos, Massimo Tornatore, Peter Winzer, and Yongli Zhao. Here is a flyer on the book's contents.
- May 2019: B. Mukherjee wins the 2019 Academic Senate Distinguished Research Award. The tradition of the UC Davis Annual Faculty Lecture (given by the winner of the Faculty Distinguished Research Award) started in 1942; and in its 78-year history, Prof. Mukherjee is the first person of Indian origin, first computer scientist, and third engineering faculty selected for this honor. He is also recepient of the UC Davis Distinguished Teaching Award 2004. He is the only engineering faculty (and one of only three UCD faculty members in the entire UC Davis history) to have won both the Distinguished Research Award and the Distinguished Teaching Award. Related articles: Biswanath Mukherjee to deliver UC Davis Annual Faculty Lecture on June 4 and 2019 Academic Senate Distinguished Research Award. Link to the lecture.
- July 2018: B. Mukherjee graduates PhD #75: Dr. Rafael Braz Reboucas Lourenco; Dissertation Title: “Providing Communication with Scarce Network Resources” (July 2018); Current Employer: Google. Other recent PhD graduates of Dr. Mukherjee: 74: Dr. Wei Wang (VMware China); 73: Dr. Abhishek Gupta (Amobee); 72: Dr. (Ms) Sifat Ferdousi (UC Davis postdoc); 71: Dr. (Ms) S. Sedef Savas (Big Switch); 71: Dr. (Ms) Divya Chitimalla (Akamai).
- May 2018: Professor Biswanath Mukherjee's lab wins the 2018 Charles Kao Award for their paper “5G Fronthaul–Latency and Jitter Studies of CPRI Over Ethernet”, IEEE Journal of Optical Communications & Networking, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 172-182, Feb. 2017.
- Dec. 2017: Professor Biswanath Mukherjee's lab wins the 2018 TAOS Best Paper Award for their paper “TDM EPON Fronthaul Upstream Capacity Improvement Via Traffic Classification and Sifting”, IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2017.
January 3-7, 2016: At 104th Indian Science Congress, inaugurated by the Hon'ble Prime Minister of India at Tirupati, India, B. Mukherjee convened two plenary sessions - one on "Cloud Computing & Virtualization" & another on "5G & IoT" - and gave plenary talks in both along with experts from industry, academe, and government.
- May 2016: Received UC Davis International Community Building Award.
- December 2015: Received IEEE Communications Society's inaugural Outstanding Technical Achievement Award "for pioneering work on shaping the optical networking area".